OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
SWEEPSTAKES OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING UNITED STATES TERRITORIES, OVERSEAS MILITARY INSTALLATIONS, COMMONWEALTHS, AND PUERTO RICO)
1. ELIGIBILITY: Entrants must be 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of Barnes & Noble, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its distributors, affiliates, subsidiaries, and their respective advertising agencies and promotion agencies, members of their immediate families and persons residing in their homes, and employees of a publisher of any Sweepstakes Prize book included in the prize, and the illustrator of the art included in the prize are not eligible. Void where prohibited.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Entries will be accepted online or via mail starting on or about July 28, 2022 and ending August 28, 2022. All automatically entered or online e-mailed entries must be received by August 28 2022 11:59PM EST.
3. HOW TO ENTER AND PLAY: By purchasing a copy of The Knight Owl by Christopher Denise, and uploading your receipt, you are automatically entered in the The Knight Owl Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) to win a prize pack including a dragon backpack, an owl plush, an exclusive signed and personalized art print for the winner by Christopher Denise, a signed and personalized copy of The Knight Owl, a virtual author visit for the winner’s child’s classroom, and a $200 Domino’s gift card for a pizza party for the winner’s child’s classroom. The Sweepstakes ends on August 28. 2022. If you do not want to be automatically entered in the Sweepstakes, please send an “opt-out” e-mail to email@example.com; Alternatively, if you do not want to purchase a The Knight Owl book but still want to enter the Sweepstakes, you may visit the sign-up page and click the box marked, “Click here if you did not make a purchase but still want to enter”. Entries are limited to one entry per person. All entries are treated equally and become the exclusive property of Barnes & Noble, Inc. and entries will not be acknowledged or returned to the entrant.
4. PRIZES: Winners will be selected in a random drawing by a representative of Barnes & Noble, Inc. on or about September 6, 2022, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Winners are required to prove eligibility. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. One (1) Winner will be selected and will receive a The Knight Owl prize pack including a dragon backpack, an owl plush, a custom illustration for the winner by Christopher Denise, a signed and personalized copy of The Knight Owl, a virtual author visit for the winner’s child’s classroom, and a $200 Domino’s gift card for a pizza party for the winner’s child’s classroom. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Prize is $258.94. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, (including without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). All prizes will be awarded. No substitution, exchange, or transfer of prizes or cash equivalent is permitted. Barnes & Noble, Inc. reserves the right to substitute a book title or prize of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for all taxes, fees, and surcharges on any prize received, including federal and state income taxes.
5. TERMS: Sponsor and its agencies shall not be liable for: (a) late, lost, damaged, incomplete, illegible, or unintelligible entries; (b) telephone, electronic, program, network, Internet, or computer failures of any kind; or (c) failed, incomplete, garbled, unintelligible, or delayed computer messages. If the administration or integrity of the Sweepstakes is compromised or corrupted at any time, or the Winner is ineligible, Barnes & Noble, Inc. reserves the right to select an alternative Winner or modify, suspend, or cancel the Sweepstakes. Sponsor’s decisions are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering the Sweepstakes, you release the Sponsor and any of its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the “released Parties”) from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes or acceptance, use of or inability to use, or participation in or inability to participate in the Sweepstakes or use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, suits, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
7. RELEASE: Winner will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility and release from liability. Failure to do so within fourteen (14) days of receipt of such documents will result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate Winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a prize shall constitute and signify a Winner’s consent to the use of his/her name, address (city and state only), voice and/or photograph for commercial, advertising and promotional purposes without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By registering to enter the Sweepstakes, entrants affirm that they have read and accepted these Official Sweepstakes Rules. The laws of the State of New York apply to and govern this Sweepstakes, and any claims must be raised and resolved in the State of New York.
8. WINNER’S LIST: To obtain the Winner’s name, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to 33 East 17th Street, New York, NY 10003 by August 28, 2022, requesting the Winner’s name. Requests must be received no later than August 28, 2022.
10. COPYRIGHT NOTICE: The Sweepstakes and all accompanying materials are © 2021 Barnes & Noble, Inc. All rights reserved.
11. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Barnes & Noble, Inc., 33 East 17th Street, New York, NY 10003.